Head of IT
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Strategy & IT Landscape
- Serve and participate proactively with other members of the senior management team in developing and executing strategic plans to optimize the use of information technology in supporting D’ARTA business objectives.
- Define vision and roadmap of evolution of the IT landscape at European level (business processes, business functions, applications architecture, technical & infrastructure architecture and information/data architecture aspects) of D’ARTA by coming along with and/or anticipating the business needs.
- Staffing & Managing Teams
- Develop and maintain an appropriate organizational structure by assessing, developing, retaining, and recruiting IT talent that will support the ongoing needs of the business and that have the appropriate technical and personal competencies to support the achievement of the D’ARTA IT strategy.
- Organize and manage the IT Team, governance and activities (master plan, projects and projects portfolio, architecture, support, security, controlling) by ensuring proper planification of IT resources to answer business needs.
- IT Governance
- Ensure communication and alignment within IT management team as well as with Senior Management and business stakeholders.
- Ensure all infrastructure, support mechanisms, network arrangements and development requirements are in place and maintained in line with strategic and operational needs of the business.
- Ensure that relevant security policies (at the application, technical software and hardware level) are defined, maintained, implemented and respected through the use of appropriate hardware and software configurations.
- Develop, document and maintain all IT standards and procedures in line with strategic and operational needs of the organization and related to the acquisition, implementation, and operation of information technology and communication systems.
- Negotiate IT service level agreements (SLA) with user organizations and monitors IT systems performance to assure service levels are being met – even throughout Europe.
- Develop and enforce policy and procedures to ensure the protection of enterprise IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information entrusted to or maintained by the enterprise.
- IT Delivery
- Guarantee to D’ARTA’s management that all incidents and maintenance needs are treated with high priority in order to make sure that all applications are running with efficiency and permanently.
- Ensure proper analysis and formalization of the business requests through close contact with the business and ensure quality of developments and other IT activities.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT service through the oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT computer systems, software applications and network performance.
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-wide business recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services in the event of a disaster.
- Ensure the coherence and the effective management of the launched projects based on the priorities and scope set by Senior Management with the actual business needs and strategic vision of the future activities of D’ARTA.
- Financial Accountability
- Develop and maintain the annual operating budget for D’ARTA.
- Monitor IT activities and costs related to the overall utilization of IT resources and equipment.
- Maintain contact with IT suppliers and maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels.
- Perform periodic cost efficiency checks and productivity analyses over usage of allocated budgets.
- Innovation and Change
- Assess, Identify and proactively inform the Senior Management Team of evolving technology driving improvement opportunities and implement relevant project management, application implementation/development methodologies and tools.
- Research and evaluate alternatives for the enhancement or re-engineering of IT.
- Develop, enhance and maintain of the information system in order to increase business efficiency and support business development initiatives that improve cost effectiveness, in a constantly changing, competitive marketplace.
- You have a Master Degree and a minimum of 12-15 years of relevant IT experience and preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- You have excellent spoken and written command of Dutch and English. Italian, Portuguese and French are a plus.
- You are passionate about your job – you are aware and keep abreast of all new IT trends.
- You are hands-on, pragmatic and problem-solving oriented.
- You are capable of working with a high degree of autonomy but also in a supporting role.
- You are capable of developing a network and especially a network within the IT World
- You must be able to work well with colleagues from top to bottom. You must develop good relationships that are based on trust, resulting in the ability to work together effectively.
- You should have a positive track record of results. You must have a reputation for meeting commitments, for doing what they say, and for saying what they do.
- You possess the ability to delegate work assignments, give authority to work independently, set expectations and monitor delegated activities accordingly;
- You demonstrate strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills, flexible approach and style to take into account the needs of different audiences.
A challenging, management position, where you have the opportunity to further expand your broad knowledge of the various IT aspects. You work for an international, reputed and financially strong company, which is in full growth and offers interesting future opportunities. The company is characterized by an open culture and short lines of communication. A market competitive remuneration package is provided.
If you might be a perfect match to further develop the d'Arta story with us, please send your CV to email@example.com. We will contact you as soon as possible!